InSPiR2eS Global Pitching Research Competition 2023 (IGPRC2023)
InSPiR2eS is the International Society of Pitching Research for Responsible Science. InSPiR2eS is a globally-facing research network with over 1,000 members, spanning 79 countries/jurisdictions, aimed at research training and capacity building. For more details see https://pitchingresearch.com/inspir2es-network/.
Following on from the great success of the inaugural InSPiR2eS Global Pitching Research Competition (IGPRC) completed in June 2022, InSPiR2eS is hosting the second edition of the IGPRC in 2023 that invites novice researchers to submit a 1,000 word “research pitch”. The research pitch must conform to Faff’s (2021) “Pitching Research” framework, comprising 11 distinct components, as depicted below. There is an overall structure to the competition
The IGPRC2023 pitch entry must be purely prospective (i.e., not yet executed) and created by a higher degree research student (HDR) or an early career researcher (ECR), explicitly mentored by either a thesis supervisor or senior researcher. The IGPRC online Grand Final is planned for December 2023. The basic structure of the IGPRC is depicted below.
There is a minimum total prize pool of AUD$20,000, and the overall winner of the competition will receive AUD$5,000. For more details see Faff (2023).
Elsevier Finance Conference at FGV EBAPE
This conference qualifies as one of the “other categories” collaborating with the IGPRC2023, from which a South American winner will be chosen and that winner enter the Semi-final stage of the IGPRC2023, with the chance of winning the Grand Final prize of $AUD5,000. As an added incentive to participate, the South American winner will receive a separate prize equivalent to $AUD1,000. Accordingly, the South American conference invites entries for the IGPRC2023, as per the following:
- Submit a 1,000-word research pitch as described above, guided by Faff (2021) and Faff (2023).
- Deadline for submission of the research pitch is 31st August 2023.
- The pitch should be emailed directly to Professor Robert Faff on or before the competition deadline: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further information, please email Professor Faff without delay.
Key References & Helpful Links
- Faff, R. (2021). “Pitching Research”. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2462059
- Faff, R., (2023). “InSPiR2eS Global Pitching Research Competition 2013 (IGPRC2023) … What, Why, How, Who, and When?”. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4394916
- Pitching Research web site: https://pitchingresearch.com/
- Online Pitch creator tool: https://pitchingresearch.com/create/
- InSPiR2eS web page: https://pitchingresearch.com/inspir2es-network/
- InSPiR2eS membership link: https://tinyurl.com/4u6wen43